An open-source Android app that provides colorful live wallpapers with auto dark mode and power-efficient animations. The wallpapers are based on the original Doodle live wallpaper collection of the Google Pixel 4 and the leaked (but never officially released) Material You static wallpaper collection of the Pixel 6, extended with additional wallpapers from Chrome OS.
The app is not just a copy of the original wallpapers, it’s a complete rewrite without the permanent animations to save battery and storage space. In addition, there are many customization options to match your preferences.
- Stunning wallpaper designs and Pixel feeling
- System dependent dark mode
- Power-efficient parallax effect on page swipe
- Optional zoom-in animations
- Direct boot support (immediately active after device restart)
- No ads and no analytics
Advantages over original Pixel 4 live wallpapers
- Less power consumption (no permanent animations or gyroscope sensor requests, no 3D engine)
- Improved text contrast (dark text for light themes instead of white text with shadow)
- Support for Android 11 zoom effect and optional zoom-in animation when unlocking
- Various customization options
- Tiny installation size
- Rendering works well even on less powerful devices (very efficient rendering engine)
Doodle Android requires at least Android 5.1 Lollipop on your device. The app will work properly on devices without any Google service installed.
- Vibration: haptic feedback in the settings app
- Set Wallpaper: workaround for Samsung One UI users regarding dynamic colors
- Receive Boot Completed: reactivate daily random wallpaper feature after device restart
If you run into a bug or miss a feature, please open an issue in the GitHub repository of Doodle.
Doodle Android is not yet available in your language? You can help translate this project at Transifex!
Translations which reached a completion level of 80% will be included in releases.